Monday, November 19, 2012

Week 1- Personal Project

I've decided to do this piece with a collaboration of video and pictures. Towards the beginning it will include photos. The video will be in rewind, and through the middle it will be played forward. The video will be edited through Final Cut Pro, and encoded then posted on YouTube.

This week I'm presenting the poem, and the sketches of how the video will play out. 


It's Depressing
 It’s depressing to be a woman
constantly to be clean and pampered,
but to be treated as a zoo animal in a
cage for the world to see.

Easily to be compared as a tamed
gorilla, with so many thoughts of
being free. The cage is so clear, yet
the wall is a plug barricading a God
given freedom.

They watch my every move,
and judge with their silver hands.
So quick to judge my fate

Yet I’ve done nothing wrong,

I do exactly as they do;


But they’re not

Animals.

Sketches:


NEXT WEEK:
 You'll be seeing a quick preview, because I don't want to give it away too soon. So yes, this means I'm going to be filming over Thanksgiving break.

NEXT THURSDAY:
Recording the the poem, and working on the edit.


No comments:

Post a Comment