Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ideas for DFM Project


I have a couple of ideas, and recently my friend was talking to me about smoke looks like ectoplasm. This lead me to look up ectoplasm, and I found these old photographs of these seances. Which leads to my first idea which would be to recreate  these old photographs in a modern way.




For my next idea I was inspired by a previous project I did, and for which I burnt the film. And this created a weird effect on the emulsion. For this project I want to use film, and for the previous I had the idea of feminism and I might try to push that.

For another idea I want to do a video including poetry from either Langston Hughes or Anne Sexton similar to the Charles Bukowski or Walt Whitman videos (I couldn't get the videos on to my blog because it wouldn't upload)


Schedule for burnt film:
1st week: figure out which project to do.
2nd week: take pictures/ develop film
3rd week: push the pictures a little more.
4th week: final results.

Schedule for ectoplasm:
1st week: find models/plan out and sketch the photo ideas
2nd week: take the photos/ edit.
3rd week: take more photos/ edit.
4th week: final product.

Schedule for video:
1st week: choose poem
2nd week: plan out the idea more
3rd week: start filing
4th week:finish the video

No comments:

Post a Comment